Elemental analysis is a fundamental and frequently used analytic technique for many academic, medical, and industrial laboratories. The CHORI Elemental Analysis Facility (CHORI-EAF) provides elemental quantitation and support services (sample preparation, metal extraction, dissolved solids measurement, analytic consultation, and technical writing assistance) in support of a wide range of clinical and biomedical research projects. The CHORI-EAF services are available on a fee-for-use basis for both intramural and extramural researchers at highly competitive cost. For general inquiries, see contact information below.
- Vista Pro Inductively-Coupled Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectrometer (Varian, Inc, CA, USA)
- SPS5 Autosampler for ICP-AES (Varian, Inc, CA, USA)
- MARS5 Microwave Digestion Oven (CEM Corporation, NC, USA)
- ICPExpert workstation (Varian, Inc, CA, USA)
- Vista Pro Inductively-Coupled Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectrometer, Axial Viewed Plasma
- AutoMax method optimization with Fast Automated Curve-fitting Technique
- Stability Reference Standardization and SmartRinse protocols
- CCD detector with I-MAP for full Echelle spectrum coverage
- Simultaneous, multi-element quantitation over a wide dynamic range
- Broad elemental detection capability with high precision and sensitivity
- Compatible with a wide range of samples
- clinical: blood, plasma, erythrocytes, urine, feces, hair, tissue biopsies, etc.
- research: culture media, cultured cells, bacteria, yeast, isolated proteins, etc.
- nutrition: food samples, compliance additives, nutrient density, etc.
- pharmacologics: therapeutic biomarkers, drug purity, gold-labeled particles, etc.
- Tolerant of high total dissolved solids and complex matrix components. Samples with excessive total dissolved solids can be processed with solid-state chelation strategies.
- Sample preparation methods vary significantly but generally result in acid lysates by extensive digestion in concentrated nitric acid. Refractory samples can be more aggressively treated using high-pressure microwave digestion.
Click HERE for a list of work supported by the CHORI-EAF
- General Inquires
- CHORI-EAF Director
Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:45 PM