Back to Top
- Schwartz E, Lapidot T, Gozes D, Singer ST, Reisner Y. Abrogation of bone marrow allograft resistance in mice by increased total body irradiation correlates with eradication of host clonable T cells and alloreactive cytotoxic precursors. J Immunol 1987;138:460-5.
- Lapidot T, Singer ST, Salomon O, Terenzi A, Schwartz E, Reisner Y. Booster irradiation to the spleen following total body irradiation: a new immunosuppressive approach for allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. J Immunol 1987;
- Reisner Y, Lapidot T, Singer ST, Schwartz E. Graft-versus-host disease and graft rejection: Competing factors in bone marrow transplantation. In: Gale RP, Champlin R, eds. Progress in Bone Marrow Transplantation. Symposium on Molecular and Cellular Biology. New York: Alan R. Liss, 1987:175-83.
- Lapidot T, Singer ST, Reisner Y. Transient engraftment of T cell depleted allogeneic bone marrow in mice improves survival rate following lethal irradiation. Bone Marrow Transplant 1988;3:157-64.
- Lapidot T, Terenzi A, Singer ST, Salomon O, Reisner Y. Enhancement by dimethyl myleran of donor type chimerism in murine recipients of bone marrow allografts. Blood 1989;73(7):2025-32.
- Singer TS, Kohn G, Yatziv S. Tetrasomy 18p in a child with trisomy 18 phenotype. Am J Med Genet 1990;36:144-47.
- Singer ST, Addiego Jr. JE, Reason DC, Lucas AH. T lymphocyte proliferative responses induced by recombinant Factor VIII in hemophilia A patients with inhibitiors. Thrombosis and Haemostasis 1996;75(1):17-22.
- Singer ST, Hurst D, Addiego Jr. JE. Bleeding disorders in noonan syndrome: Three case reports and review of the literature. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 1997;19(2):130-34.
- Singer ST, Vichinsky EP. Deferoxamine treatment during pregnancy: Is it harmful? Am J Hematol 1999;60:24-26.
- Singer ST, Quirolo K, Nishi K, Hackney-Stephens E, Evans C, Vichinsky EP. Erythrocytapheresis for Chronically Transfused Children With Sickle Cell Disease: An Effective Method for Maintaining a Low Hemoglobin S Level and Reducing Iron Overload. J of Clinical Pheresis 1999;14:122-125.
- Singer ST, Vichinsky EP. Bone Disease in Beta-Thalassemia. Lancet 1999; 354(9182):881-2.
- Singer ST, Styles L, Bojanowski J, Quirolo K, Foote D, Vichinsky EP. The Changing Outcome of Homozygous Alpha-Thalassemia: A Cautious Optimism. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2000; 22(6): 539-542.
- Singer ST, Wu V, Migniacca R, Kuypers F, Morell P, Vichinsky E. Alloimmunization and Erythrocyte Autoimmunization in Transfused Thalassemia Patients of Predominantly Asian Descent. Blood 2000; 96 (10); 3369-3373.
- Sylvia T. Singer MD, Frans A. Kuypers PhD, Nancy F. Olivieri, MD et al. Fetal Hemoglobin Augmentation in E/?0 Thalassemia: Clinical and Hematological Outcome. British Journal of Henmatology, 2005; 131, 378-388.
- Sylvia Titi Singer MD, Frans A. Kuypers PhD, Lori Styles MD, Elliott P. Vichinsky MD, Drucella Foote PNP and Howard Rosenfeld MD. Pulmonary hypertension in thalassemia: Association with platelet activation and hypercoagulable state. Accepted for publication, American J of hematology. November, 2005.
- Reisner Y, Gozes D, Lapidot T, Singer ST, Schwartz E. Abrogation of bone marrow allograft resistance in mouse by increased total body irradiation or specific booster irradiation to the spleen. 6th International Congress of Immunology. Toronto, Canada:1986.
- Lapidot T, Singer ST, Terenzi A, Reisner Y. Stem cell competition versus immunological rejection following transplantation of fully mismatched T cell depleted bone marrow in mice. 13th Symposium of the International Association for Comparative Research on Leukemia and Related Diseases. Jerusalem, Israel: 1987, NOV 8-13.
- Lapidot T, Terenzi A, Singer ST, Reisner Y. Size of bone marrow inoculum versus number of donor-type cells used for presensitization: a murine model for bone marrow allograft rejection in leukemia patients. 29th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology. Washington DC: 1987, DEC.
- Reisner Y, Lapidot T, Singer ST, Schwartz E. Mismatched donors in bone marrow transplantation. ISPO International Symposium. Immunobiology in Clinical Oncology and Immune Dysfunctions. Nice, Italy: 1987.
- Lapidot T, Terenzi A, Singer ST, Reisner Y. Stem cell competition versus immunological rejection in murine models for bone marrow allograft rejection. 17th Annual Meeting of the UCLA Symposium on Molecular and Cellular Biology. Tamarron CO: 1988, MAR 6-12.
- Singer TS, Addiego J, Reason D, Lucas A. Recombinant factor VIII induces in vitro proliferation of T cells in a subset of hemophilia A patients with inhibitors. Blood 1993;82(Suppl 1):237.
- Singer TS, Quirolo K, Nishi K, Evans C, Hackney E, Vichinsky E. Erythrocytapheresis in sickle cell diseases: A safe and effective method for maintaining a low hemoglobin S level and reducing iron. Blood 1998;92(Suppl 1):3126.
- Singer TS, Styles L, Bojanowski J, Foote D, Wertz A, Vichinsky E. Normal long-term survival with homozygous a-thalassemia without antenatal treatment. Blood 1998;92 (Suppl 1):3155.
- Bojanowski J, Singer TS, Styles L, Vichinsky EP, Foote D, Quirolo K. Alpha thalassemia Major: counseling for the possibility of long-term survival. Genetics in Medicine. 1:2;52.
- Wu V, Singer TS, Mignacca R, Morel P, Vichinsky EP. Alloimmunization and Autoimmunization in Predominantly Asian Transfusion Dependent Thalassemia Patients. Blood 94(Suppl 1):422a.
- Singer TS, Kuypers F, Mignacca R, Kennedy N, Olivieri N, Weatherall D, Vichinsky EP. Hydroxyurea therapy in E-beta-thalassemia: Effect on hemoglobin and on RBC characteristics. Blood 94:424a, 1999.
- Singer TS, Wemmer J, Matsunaga A. The use of recombinant tissue plasaminogen activator (rTPA) in infants and children. Blood 94:113b, 1999.
- Singer TS, Kuypers F, Mignacca R, Kennedy N, Coats T, Olivieri N, Weatherall D, Vichinsky EP. Impact of hydroxyurea (HU) treatment on erythropoiesis and RBC characteristics in E-beta-thalassemia patients. Blood 96: 561a, 2000.
- Sylvia T Singer 1, Frans A Kuypers 1, Robert Mignacca 2*, Tomas Coates 2 and Elliott Vichinsky 1 Red Blood Cell (RBC) Characteristics in E/b thalassemia and Effect of Hydroxyurea Treatment. 2001
- Sylvia T Singer1, , Frans A Kuypers1, , Robert Mignacca , Tomas Coates , Nancy Olivieri, David Weatherall and Elliott Vichinsky 1 The Effect of Single and Combination Drug Therapy on Previously Transfused E/beta Thalassemia Patients: Implications on Decision-Making for Therapy. 2002
- Singer TS, Sweeters N, Vichinsky E 1, Wagner A., Rachmilewitz E. A dose-finding and safety study of Darbepoetin alfa (erythropoiesis stimulating protein) for the treatment of anemia in patients with thalassemia intermedia. 2003
- Sylvia Titi Singer, MD, Howard Rosenfeld, MD, and Elliott Vichinsky, MD. Pulmonary Hypertension in Thalassemia: Association with Platelet Activation and Hypercoagulable State. Blood 2004
Sylvia Titi Singer, Nancy E. Olivieri, Nancy Sweeters, Carmen Rodwell, Christina Oliver, Elliott P. Vichinsky, Frans A. Kuypers. Biotin-Labeled RBC Survival in Thalassemia and Impact of Treatment. American Society of Hematology Forty-Sixth Annual Meeting. San Diego, CA: 2004, December 4-7.
- Elliott P. Vichinsky, Claudia R. Morris, Ward Hagar, Jennifer Gardner, Sylvia Titi Singer, Drucilla Foote, Keith C. Quirolo. Pulmonary Hypertension: A Common Complication in Thalassemia. American Society of Hematology Forty-Sixth Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA: 2004, December 4-7.
Back to Top
- L Lo, TS Singer. Thalassemia: current approach to an old disease. In Pediatric Clin N AM 49(2002) 1165-1191.
- ST Singer. Thalassemia. Conn’s Current Therapy. 56th edition (2004).
- “FVIII induced T cell proliferation in Hemophilia A patients with inhibitors” Hemophilia Research meeting , American Society of Hematology, St. Louis, Missouri. December 6, 1993.
- “Inhibitors in Hemophilia A” Hemophilia Conference. Berkeley, California. October, 1993.
- “Evaluation of the Bleeding Child” Hematology/Oncology Conference. Reno, Nevada. September 1998.
- “Erythrocytapheresis in Sickle Cell patients: A Safe and Effective Method for Maintaining a Low Hemoglobin S Level and Reducing Iron Overload” 23rd Annual Meeting of the National Sickle Cell Disease Program, San Francisco, California March 6-9, 1999.
Back to Top
- “Chemotherapy: Hydroxyurea, Butyrate, Erythropoitin and Hemoglobin Switching Agents” 1999 International E-Beta Thalassemia Conference, Berkeley, CA, April 17-18, 1999.
- “To Bleed or to Clot: That is the Question. Bleeding and Thrombotic Disorders: Screening Diagnosis and New Therapies” 29th Annual Conference- Children Hospital Oakland. Monterey, California November 12-14, 1999.
- Thalassemia Intermedia: To mild to be major and too severe to be mild…” an overview. California Consortium meeting, Anaheim, California, June 6-7, 2000.
- “The Effect of Single and Combination Drug Therapy on Previously Transfused E/beta Thalassemia Patients: Implications on Decision-Making for Therapy; ASH, Forty-fourth annual meeting, Philadelphia, MS December 6-10, 2002.
- “E-beta Thalassemia single and multiple drug treatment for fetal hemoglobin augmentation. Clinical and hematologic outcome”. Eights Cooley’s Anemia Symposium, March 17-19, 2005 Orlando, Florida.
- “Alternative Regimens in Sickle Cell Disease and Thalassemia.” Current issues in iron overload in rare anemias, October 13-16, 2005. Univeristy medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, Hamburg/ Germany.