- Whitelaw E, Martin DIK. Retrotransposons as epigenetic mediators of phenotypic variation in mammals. Nature Genetics 2001; 27:361-65.
- Martin DIK. Transcriptional enhancers – on/off gene regulation as an adaptation to silencing in higher eukaryotic nuclei. Trends in Genetics 2001; 17:444-48.
- Sutter N, Fiering S, Groudine M, Martin DIK. Chromatin insulation by a transcriptional activator. PNAS 2003; 100:1105-10.
- Suter C, Martin DIK, Ward R. Germline epimutation of MLH1 in patients with multiple cancers. Nature Genetics 2004; 36:497-501.
- Martin DI, Ward R, Suter CM. Germline epimutation: a basis for epigenetic disease in humans. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2005;1054:68-77.
- Cropley JE, Suter CM, Beckman KB, Martin DIK. Germ-line epigenetic modification of the Avy allele by nutritional supplementation. PNAS 2006; 103:17308–17312.
- Hitchins M, Wong JJL, Suthers G, Suter CM, Martin DIK Hawkins NJ, Ward RL. Transgenerational inheritance of MLH1 germline epimutation in human cancer. New England Journal of Medicine, 2007; 356(7):697-705.
- Suter CM, Martin DIK. Inherited epimutation or a haplotypic basis for the propensity to silence? Nature Genetics, 2007, In Press.